Friday, October 24, 2008

You gonna be nice with me? I gonna be nice with you,

Recently Maxwell has decided that he no longer wants to nap anymore. I am convinced that it is not time yet so every day this week I have put him down at about one like I usually do but he is just not having it. I try negotiating, taking things away ect. but nothing works. I am so ready to relax by like 2 o clock he notices my irritation when he refuses to sleep. The other day I just put him to bed and kept putting him back in bed over and over again because he kept getting out. He could tell I was angry because I would not say anything I would just angrily grab him and place him in bed. After probably the 2oth time I went in there he got scared and he asked me "are you gonna be nice with me mommie? I gonna be nice with you. It made me so sad. He was basically asking if I was going to be mad at him and telling me he was going to be a good boy. I just let him stay up the rest of the day even though he wanted to nap at like 7 pm I still made him stay up. I love my little Maxwell and yes Max I am gonna be nice with you!

3 comments:

JoDee said...

Hey! Oh the whole "nap" scenario is so hard. I too find myself to be the crabbiest mommy if I don't get my "nap" break-time. The other day Olivia looked at me in my not-so-happy state and said, "Mommy, are you sad? Don't be sad, be happy!" Olivia thus far is still taking naps, but they're getting shorter. When she decides not to nap anymore, I'm going to try instituting what my sister calls "Quiet Time" for her kids. They can stay up and play anything they want QUIETLY in thier room. Books, puzzles, crafts, whatever - but they have to stay in their room for the same time a nap would be. Then she still gets the break time and they learn to entertain themselves.

Glad you got the pics! So sorry again for getting them to you like a year later! :) Well - 6 mths. As for the book - don't worry one thing about it. I've still got one or two boxes to go through so I'm sure it will turn up!!

Hugs, and good luck!!

The Helms Family said...

Holy cow. How are you doing? This is Justin by the way, if you didn't already know. I see you're married with kids. That is so cool. I'm in the same boat you are. My wife Holly and I have a two year old and are in the potty training process. We are also expecting another one in June. I hope all is well with you and your family. Anyway, Holly normally does all this stuff so I'm not very good at it. I look forward to hearing back from you.

youngsters said...

he is a sweet boy. Kalei was like that @ his age so we changed it to "quiet time" she had to sit in her room on her bed or her chair and read books. i didn't care what she did as long as she stayed in her room. most of the time she would fall asleep anyways.