Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I POTTY TRAIN"

"I potty train,'' these are the words that Maxwell speaks to me multiple times on a daily basis but of course his understanding of these words is limited! To Max, "I POTTY TRAIN" translates to the following: First he completely undresses then he sits on the toilet (I wish I could show you how he gets on it it is hilarious) then he sits.....nothing. Next without successfully "going" he hops of and urinates on the floor! After my minor breakdown every 30 or so times this happens, I clean it up and successfuly de-stink the bathroom just to have him do the following 1 hour later.
He completely undresses, plays with himself while sitting on the toilet and without going again runs to me demanding a gummy bear as a reward. BTY sorry if this thing offended anyone but I don't know how else to word it! I am still at home changing a diaper every thirty min or so between the two! HELP ME!!!!

4 comments:

JoDee said...

Oh Brit - hang in there. I can't speak from the experience of training a boy, but I certainly had my month of ups and downs with Olivia. She would do the same thing - sit on the toilet, hold it forever b/c she was too scared to go in the toilet, finally get off to play and immediately pee on the floor. That's when I went and got the mini potty so she could LITERALLY sit her bum on it ALL DAY LONG while we had a "movie party". I just couldn't deal with the waiting in the bathroom all day long. Hang in there - you'll get it.

The McCullough Crew said...

I just read your whole blog! I love it. Today someone actually told me that I have really good kids. Not one second later Mikey throws his cup at this ladies plate rocking it to the ground and he could care less.

Oh the joys of motherhood!

Kristin said...

Yay! I didn't know you have a blog. :) Maxwell is totally hilarious. Nothing about him could be offensive.

Kristin said...

We were camping near Vernon, AZ. It's about 25 miles E of Sholo. It's beautiful up there. So many Aspen trees everywhere... Where were you guys?